Mobile World Congress MWC 2016: Gionee S8 with 4 GB RAM, 3000 mAh Battery, 3D Touch Display Unveiled
Gionee introduced a new flagship smartphone at mobile world congress MWC 2016. Dubbed as Gionee S8, the handset is said to be made available by the end of March this year. It will be offered in gold, silver and rose gold colors.
Barcelona: Gionee S8 comes with 5.5 inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixel resolution. The handset is powered by Helio X10 MediaTek processor. The processor is coupled with 4 GB RAM and the internal storage provided is 64 GB. The handset comes equipped with 16 megapixel primary and 8 megapixel secondary cameras. The camera features are autofocus, LED flash and so on. Camera app comes with text recognition support in two languages. It comes out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Connectivity features of the device include WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and 4G. This supports dual SIM and also features 3.5 mm headphones. There is also accelerometer, ambient light and gyroscope sensors. Battery under the hood is 3000 mAh capacity.
Highlights of Gionee S8 are the 3D Touch display, 4G+ connectivity, dual SIM, octa core processor and finger print scanner. The company says the new flagship smartphone is ideal for global roaming. It is offered in loop metal design. It also features dual WhatsApp and dual WeChat.
Detailed specifications of Gionee S8
- The handset sports 5.5 inch display
- Display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Body dimensions are 154.3 x 74.9 x 7 mm
- It weighs 147.2 grams
- It is powered by Helio X10 MediaTek processor
- RAM is 4 GB
- It is provided with 64 GB internal storage
- It has 16 megapixel primary camera
- There is also 8 megapixel front facing camera
- It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system
- WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and 4G connectivity
- 5 mm headphones
- Dual SIM
- Proximity, ambient light and gyroscope sensors
- Battery under the hood is 3000 mAh
- It is offered in rose gold, silver and gold color options