BlackBerry Announced First Android Based Smartphone BlackBerry Priv
BlackBerry launched a device, first in its portfolio that comes out with Android operating system. Dubbed as BlackBerry Priv, the device comes with a curved screen and is preloaded with android apps, Google Play store. It also comes with DTEK feature that alerts the user when any app tries to access the data of the user.
Washington: BlackBerry Priv sports 5.4 inch display with 1440 x 2560 pixels. It weighs 192 grams. The handset is backed by hex core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor whose clock speed is 1.44 GHz. The processor is paired with 3 GB Ram and the internal storage is 32 GB and there is facility to expand memory via micro SD. There is 18 megapixel primary camera and 2 megapixel front camera on board. It comes out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. Connectivity features are WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and 4G. Other features are 3.5 mm headphones, FM radio and dual SIM. Compass, proximity, gyroscope and ambient light sensors are there. It comes packed with 3000 mAh battery.
BlackBerry Priv also comes with a slide out physical keyboard. The handset is expected to be launched with a price tag of $699 without contract in US. BlackBerry is hoping that this device if becomes a hit will drive meaningful growth for the company.
Detailed specification of BlackBerry Priv
- The handset comes with 5.4 inch display
- Display resolution is 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Pixel resolution is 540 ppi
- Body dimensions are 147 x 77.2 x 9.4 mm
- It weighs 192 grams
- The handset is powered by 1.GHz hexa core processor
- The processor is coupled with 3 GB RAM
- There is 32 GB internal storage
- Expandable storage
- It comes equipped with 18 megapixel rear camera
- There is also 2 megapixel front camera
- It runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system
- Connectivity features are WiFi, GPS Bluetooth and 3G
- 5 mm headphones
- FM radio
- Dual SIM
- Compass, proximity, accelerometer, gyroscope and ambient light sensors
- Battery under the hood is 3410 mAh