Sony Xperia Z4 with 20.7 megapixel Primary camera, Android 5.0 OS Launched in Japan
Sony launched its new flagship smartphone in its home country Japan without any fanfare. The new smartphone is dubbed as Sony Xperia Z4 and will be available in Japan from this summer. The price of the handset is not yet revealed. There is also no word on global release of the device.
Tokyo: The new flagship smartphone of Sony comes with 5.2 inch display and the resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels. it is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor whose clock speed is 1.5 GHz. The processor is coupled with 3 GB RAM and the internal storage is 32 GB. There is facility to further expand memory up to 128 GB via micro SD. It has a powerful 20.7 megapixel camera at rear and 5.1 megapixel camera at front. The handset runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system. Apart from usual connectivity options, it also supports GPS, WiFI, Bluetooth and 3G. There are compass, Ambient light, accelerometer and proximity sensors. Battery under the hood is 2930 mAh battery.
Sony Xperia Z4 is similar in design to Xperia Z3 that was launched seven months ago. The company also revealed new accessories along with the smartphone that include new case and desktop holder.
Detailed specifications of Sony Xperia Z4
- The smartphone sports 5.2 inch display
- Display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Body dimensions are 146 x 72 x 6.9 mm
- It weighs 144 grams
- 5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor
- The processor is paired with 3 GB RAM
- Internal storage provided is 32 GB
- Memory can be expanded up to 128 GB via micro SD
- It comes equipped with 20.7 megapixel rear camera
- There is also 5.1 megapixel front facing camera on board
- It comes out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- Connectivity features are WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and 3G
- 5 mm headphones
- Micro USB charging
- Proximity, accelerometer, ambient light and compass sensors
- Battery under the hood is 2930 mAh battery
- It is offered in white, aqua green, copper and black colors