MWC 2015: New Cyanogen OS Smartphone Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+ Launched at MWC 2015
Alcatel expanded its OneTouch series by adding a new smartphone dubbed as OneTouch Hero 2+ at Mobile World Congress 2015. This comes out of the box with Cyanogen operating system. it will be launched first in US and Canada for a price of $299. The company is yet to announce its plans of global release of the device.
Barcelona: Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+ comes with 6 inch display and the resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels. Body dimensions of the handset are 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 mm. it weighs 170 grams. The handset is powered by octa core processor whose clock speed is 1.7 GHz. The processor is coupled with 2 GB RAM and the internal storage is 16 GB memory can be expanded up to 32 GB via micro SD. It comes equipped with 5 megapixel front facing camera and 13 megapixel rear camera. The handset supports WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth and 3G connectivity. Other features are 3.5 mm headphones and micro USB charging. It supports single SIM. There are compass. Ambient light, proximity and accelerometer sensors. Battery under the hood is 3100 mAh capacity.
Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2 comes with built in stylus. It will be made available in US for $299 SIM free in the second quarter. This is the second handset to come out of the box with Cyanogen operating system and the first one being the OnePlus One.
Detailed specifications of Alcatel OneTouch Hero 2+
- The handset comes with 6 inch display
- Display resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Physical dimensions are 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9 mm
- It weighs 170 grams
- The handset is powered by 1.7 GHz octa core processor
- It is backed by 2 GB RAM
- Internal storage is 16 GB
- Memory can be expanded via micro SD up to 32 GB
- The handset features 13 megapixel camera
- There is also 5 megapixel front facing camera
- The device runs on Cyanogen OS 11
- Connectivity features of the handset are WiFi, GPS, 4G LTE cat and Bluetooth
- 3.5 mm headphones
- Micro USB charging
- It supports single SIM
- Compass, Proximity, ambient light and accelerometer
- Battery under the hood is 3100 mAh