MOTO X 16 GB vs. SAMSUNG S4 ZOOM: Which is better?
The race for the best smartphone is on but these phones come with hefty price tags. While each manufacturer is on to the specification race, there are some phones out there that focus more on the end-user experience. One such device is the Moto X. Let’s see how it stands up against Samsung’s Galaxy S4 Zoom, a camera centric smartphone.
New Delhi: The Moto X puts up a great fight when compared with the Samsung S4. Let’s see who scores better:
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Both these smartphones run on Android but the versions are quite different. While the MOTO X boots the latest Android Kitkat, the Galaxy S4 Zoom is still on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. While Jelly Bean is a great OS, it just can’t be compared with the overall snappy feel you get with Kitkat.
- PROCESSOR: Moto X is equipped with a Snapdragon S4 1.7 GHz dual-core chipset whereas the S4 Zoom has a Pega 1.5 GHz dual-core chipset. While both processors are of dual core architecture, performance on the Moto X is much better than S4 Zoom, plus the newer version of Android makes it lag-free on general use.
- BATTERY: Moto X has a 2200mah battery while the S4 Zoom has a 2330 mAh battery. While both devices last long for a day of normal usage, you should note that the battery on Moto X is non user-replacable. So, you cannot carry a spare battery with you while travelling.
- MEMORY: The Moto X comes with 16 GB of on-board memory with 2 GB of RAM but lacks a microSD card slot. So you are stuck with only 16 gigs of storage. The S4 Zoom on the other hand comes with 8 GB of inbuilt memory which is expandable upto 64 GB using a micro sd card and also has 1.5 GB RAM. That is a plus point for people who like to carry a lot of movies on their smartphones on the go.
- CAMERA: Moto X comes with a 10 MP camera equipped with a LED flash while the S4 Zoom comes with a 16MP sensor. While both cameras produce good quality images, the S4 ZOOM as the name suggests, offers optical zoom up to 10x and also comes with Optical Image Stabilization. This helps you get closer to your subject while shooting and also improves low-light photography.
- SCREEN: The Moto X comes with a 4.7 inch AMOLED display of 720p resolution whereas the S4 Zoom comes with a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED display of qHD resolution. While both displays look great, the higher resolution of the MOTO X is a pleasure to see.
- WEIGHT: While the MOTO X weighs only 130g which is very light on your pocket, the S4 Zoom weighs around 208g which is a bit on the heavier side, because of the zoom lens that the phone has. The heavy weight can be bothersome sometimes.
- PRICE: Currently, both the Moto X and the Galaxy S4 Zoom are priced equally at Rs. 23,999
VERDICT: While both the devices are great, but the MOTO X has an edge here. With the latest version of Android, a gorgeous HD screen to a faster and better processor, the MOTO X is currently more value for money than the Galaxy S4 Zoom.