Aadhar Card can be downloaded from UIDAI Website
Hyderabad: Union Identification Authority of India is offering a facility to download Aadhar card from the website. People who applied for Aadhar card one year ago but have not received the Aadhar card need not wait for it to arrive on post. Few lakhs of Aadhar cards are lying with postal department. The department has failed to deliver the Aadhar cards to the applicants. Recently government made Aadhar card compulsory for all government schemes. Oil companies made it clear that if Aadhar card is not provided, they cannot give subsidy cylinders to the customers from 15th February, 2013.
Those who applied for Aadhar cards and did not receive the cards are worried because of these developments. UIDAE authorities took all these problems into consideration and are offering a facility to download Aadhar from the website easily. The downloaded and printed document can be used for all purposes, informed Aadhar Deputy Director General Padmaja.
Process to download Aadhar Card from Website
- To download Aadhar card form the website one has to open http://eaadhar.uidai.gov.in. The 14 digit enrolment number that was given at the time of registration of Aadhar, the time, the name of the applicant and the pin code number of the area has to be entered as per the instructions given in the website.
- Immediately after entering these details, a temporary password will be received by the applicant to the mobile that was registered at the time of Aadhar. If the phone number is changed they will not receive the pass word.
- The password received should be entered into the website and the PDF file that contains the Aadhar card will appear on the screen.
- This can be taken printout and used as Aadhar Card.
More than six crore people applied for Aadhar card in Andhra Pradesh. There are many people who entered wrong details by mistakes. There can also be people whose addresses have changed since the time of applying for Aadhar. UIDIA did not provide the chance to change the details in the cards till now. But now these can also be changed online.
- The details of gender, date of birth, address and mobile number in the Aadhar card can be changed online.
- Click on the ‘Update your Aadhar Data’ option that is on the right side of the Aadhar website. Aadhar card number will have to be entered to receive a password on the mobile phone. Options will be displayed on the screen which can be changed. To change the date of birth and address, the proofs have to be uploaded and connected. An acknowledgement will be received and the new Aadhar card will be sent to the cardholder by Bangalore Aadhar region office. This will also appear in the website printout of which can be taken.
To know the status of the Aadhar card, type UID STATUS and the 14 digit EID which is there in the Aadhar receipt. This message has to be set to 51969. If Aadhar card is ready, the number will be sent to the mobile of the applicant.