Samsung Galaxy S II GT-19100 to get Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
New York: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-19100 is getting the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The update will be rolled out in various phases and will not be available all over the world at a time so all the users may not be able update their device right away.
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-19100 was released in the year 2011 and is the best selling Android phone of Samsung. To give the large user base support experience, Samsung updates the devices with Android latest versions.
New Jelly Bean update offered for the Galaxy S II is the major update given for any Smartphone till date. Android Jelly bean update for Galaxy S II comes with all new UX interface and the old UI is completely ditched. This was not the case with the Ice Cream Sandwich update as it used the same UI that was present in Gingerbread operating version. The new UX interface is being used in Galaxy S III and Galaxy S Mini.
New Jelly Bean Update enhancements
- The update comes with Direct Call, pop-up play and Smart Stay features
- UI revamp. The user interface will be the same as in Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S II
- Improved performance and stability with Project Butter
- Cloud Services of Samsung
- Galaxy S II will now have better camera features due to the Jelly bean update
- There will e a new Lockscreen and the users will have many customization options
- There will be 2 home screen modes
- New Notification bar
- The users of Galaxy S II will now be able to access Google Now
Galaxy S II was launched in the year 2011. It has a 4.3 inch display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The display type is Super AMOLED plus Capacitive Touchscreen. Internal memory of the device is 16GB/32 GB and is also provided with 1 GB RAM. There is a primary camera of 8 megapixels with 3264 x 2448 pixels resolution and autofocus, LED flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection features.
Samsung Galaxy S II has gyro, compass, accelerometer and gyro sensors. The device was first released with Android v2.3.4 or Gingerbread operating system. Samsung provided the device with latest updates of Android from time to time and now Jelly Bean update will be rolled for the device.