Fuel Surcharge Adjustments in AP Made Electricity Bills Touch The Sky
Hyderabad: Government has made the consumers breath with much difficulty by adding Fuel Surcharge Adjustment to the electricity bills which making the bills touch sky. The electricity bills have hiked abnormally from the month of June. And now the arrangements to apply FSA from this October and targeted to cover rupees six thousand crores by September, 2014.
The hike in FSA has been announced by APREC immediately after completion of Seasonal Assembly Meetings. The additional charges for the electricity used in the past two years will be collected in the next two years. The schedule for the collection of charges is listed below.
- Additionally 15.13 paisa will be collected in the period from October, 2012 to December, 2012 per unit for the electricity used during April to June, 2010
- 14.22 paisa per unit will be collected during January to March, 2013 for electricity used during July to September, 2010.
- 29.41 paisa per unit in April to June, 2013 for usage during October to December 2010.
- For usage during January to March 2011, 122 paisa will be collected during July to September, 2013
- 32.58 paisa will be collected per unit for usage during April to June, 2011 in the span during October to December, 2013
- 103 paisa per unit in January to March, 2014 for usage during July to September, 2011
- For usage during October to December 2011, 94.87 paisa per unit will be collected from April to June, 2014
- 94.94 paisa per unit will be collected additionally in the span from July to September, 2014 for the electricity used in January to March, 2012.
The Outstanding Fuel Cost in a particular month will be multiplied by the total usage of a consumer and will considered as FSA.
Consumers are much thankful for DISCOMs for not submitting proper proposals in the current seasonal assembly meetings as a total of Rs. 1481 crores of FSA for the financial year 2009 – 10is due to be charged.