Metro Rail Interesting Facts
- Hyderabad Metro rail project is being executed by Larsen & Toubro and the estimated cost is Rs. 14, 132 crores. The project is expected to complete by 2014.
- In each metro rail 1,000 to 2,500 passengers can travel. Length of the train is 120 mtrs. On an average a metro rail will be available for a passenger for every three to four minutes.
- The three corridors that will be completed in the first phase of Hyderabad Metro Rail are Miyapur – L B Nagar, Jubilee Station – Falaknuma and Nagole to Shilparamam.
- Miyapur – BHEL-Patancheru, Falaknuma-Shamshabad, L B Nagar-Vanasthalipuram, Nagole-L B Nagar Ring road-Falaknuma, Jubilee Bus Station – Alwal, Gachibowli-Tolichowki-Lakdi ka Pool and JNTU-Shilparamam-Gachibowli are the proposed corridors in the final phase of Hyderabad metro rail project.
- The number of passengers in the beginning is expected to be 15 lakhs and it is expected to increase to 22 lakhs by 2024.
- Hyderabad Metro rail ticket prices will be RS. 8 up to two kilometres, Rs. 10 for 2-6 kilometres, Rs. 12 for 6 – 12 kilometres, RS. 14 for 10 – 14 kilometres, Rs. 16 for 14 – 18 kilometres, Rs. 19 for 18 kilometres and above.
- The ticket prices of Hyderabad metro rail is expected to increase by 5% every year.
- Luggage up to ten kgs is free and one rupee will be charged for every kilo after that.
- For every two hours Rs. 10 is charged for car parking. For every additional hour, Rs. 5 is collected. For two wheelers Rs. 4 is collected for every two hours in Hyderabad metro rail stations. For every additional one hour, Rs. 2 is charged.
- Maximum speed of Hyderabad Metro rail will be 80 kilometres per hour and minimum is 34 kilometres per hour.
Special features of Hyderabad Metro Rail
- Automatic Train Operating System
- Latest technology to avoid derailments
- Doors of the Hyderabad Metro rail coaches will be opened only when the train stops.
- Air conditioning will be changed according to the rush of passengers.
- Ultra modern cameras are used for surveillance.
- Route Map in LCD monitors
- Fire resistant coaches
- Recharge coupons
Merry-go-around buses to colonies that are around railway stations.